Saturday, April 14, 2012

Selinunte

The pictures here are all from Selinunte and Cave di Cusa--on the southwest coast of Sicily. I took a day trip there. Cave di Cusa was the stone quarry and source of columns for some of the temples at Selinunte.




Cave di Cusa

Cave di Cusa

Cave di Cusa

Selinunte

Selinunte

Selinunte

Selinunte

Selinunte

Selinunte

Selinunte

Selinunte

Selinunte










My days at Bosco Faconeria are coming to an end. I have finished the job of cataloging my host's culinary and medieval history library....This is what brought me here in the first place and at the same time has allowed me to experience Sicilian farm life as well as explore a bit of the island. I have also made new work here---such an entirely different landscape. I finished another accordion book of windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment